Thursday, July 13, 2017

LIVING IN THE MOMENT

UPDATING MY FACEBOOK

If you have been reading my daily "what's up" or following my blog, you know that I am preparing to take a 6 week hiatus and driving from here to B'ham, Tallahassee, and Atlanta by myself with several stops in between.

What has happened is that I am involved in preparing to go, de-cluttering, reconnecting with people I really want to spend at least a few hours with, keeping up with my writing, reading, resting, going to yoga classes, running errands, just get thru some of my bucket list each day. I am enjoying the preparation. The fact of the matter is, I am living in the moment because there is no guarantee that I will still be alive the next moment. My attitude is to love what I am doing now, or stop doing it. By calling my friends and asking if I can spend the night with them, either it works or it doesn't. So far, they are as excited as I am about my visit. 

The most important thing has been my decision to stop teaching classes here. I plan to sub at the studios who welcome me. I love to teach and it does not have to be asanas. 
The purpose of this trip is to write my memoirs in the form of a small book and the people I am spending the most time with are also good writers and willing to sit and create with me. Having a good friend in the room who happens to love to write is such a bonus. 
I am exploring ways of becoming a lecturer on "growing older and loving it". It is my job to be a good example. So staying healthy and happy are very important. 
If you are a member of a group that would be interested in this subject, I am available to speak at one of your meetings. Preferably near where I live. Near Oakland Park and University in Sunrise.  I study near Aventura and on Normandy Isle. The best way to reach me is to call me at 786-253-3060 and leave your # and times when I can reach you. (Speak slowly, as I am hard of hearing)
I am hoping to find a kind soul who will be my computer whiz and manage the online part. (I am electronically challanged.)

July 13, 2017
Dena Glazer












No comments:

Post a Comment